The Union are looking for a smart, energetic Senior Planner to join our growing team. You will be working across brand, advertising and digital planning as well as market research. Key requisites are a curious mind, plus strong written and analytical skills.
You will need at least three years’ experience working agency or client side in an insight or strategy role. A proven grasp of digital and emerging technologies would be a plus.
In this role you will:
- Immerse yourself across a variety of sectors ranging from financial services to tourism to government and more
- Apply your planning skills to developing brand, campaign, digital and communications strategies
- Conduct detailed desk research to obtain actionable insights for agency and clients
- Produce compelling strategies and advocate your recommendations to guide our clients towards successful outcomes
- Inspire clients and creatives with carefully-chosen insights from a variety of sources
- Craft inspirational briefs that will energise creative teams to produce effective work
- Design and manage research projects across user testing, qualitative and quantitative projects
- Collaborate with other Planning team members to continue to improve the team’s skills and services
- Have an eye on what’s happening in the industry, consumer trends, and contribute to thought leadership within and outside the agency
- Be comfortable adapting your approach according to budget and deadlines
- Ideally 3-4 years’ experience in planning/strategy
- Solid brand, campaign and digital experience
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively and inspire those around you
- Adept at turning the complex into killer insights
- Self-starter who will relish a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in the Scottish market beneficial
- Experience in digital planning
- Confidence leading and running the strategic direction of projects
- Team-player with lots of energy and who will get stuck in
The Union is one of Scotland’s leading communications agencies, with over 90 staff across advertising, digital, direct and field marketing. Our current client list extends across both B2B and B2C, public and private organisations, including hospitality, tourism, charity, education, food & beverage, and retail. Established in 1996, the agency has thrived due to a passion for creativity and excellence in client service.
This role, which is remote at present but will eventually be Edinburgh-based, comes with excellent career development opportunities. With our wide client roster, and work across numerous business sectors, the successful candidate will be able to broaden their experience base and learn from some of the most talented Planners in Scotland. If you’re eager to build on your skills by working on a real mixture of projects and using a variety of approaches then this is the role for you.
The Union has been built on great teamwork and people working together in a positive and constructive way – we’re looking for someone who buys into these values. Candidates need to be confident and capable of building strong relationships with all our external audiences and internal colleagues. We are committed to supporting you, too – for example through our employee wellness initiatives.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5:30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy.
Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Cover
- Generous holiday allowance
- IPA CPD training
- Union Academy training and development
- Opportunities for career progression within Union Group
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement on “what makes a great planner?” (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Planner role’ in the subject line.